Like My Page? Help Keep Me Blogging.

Like My Page? Help Me to Post More News Commentary.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Was United Airlines wrong?

Many people are going to disagree based on all the propaganda online about this event, but the passenger who was kicked off United Airlines was wrong. I also think the person filming the incident was wrong. Why? Well, in the case of the person who recorded the incident, they were clearly doing it without the best interest of the passenger in mind. In our society, we have developed this voyeuristic watch people attitude instead of taking action. If I saw somebody being attacked or abused, after assuring my family was safe, I would intervene. But that is just who I am.

In this case, ANY person on that flight could have easily stopped this incident BEFORE it happened and even while it was happening by simply standing up and saying: "Hey, you don't have to kick him. I volunteer to take his place." I mean really, if they didn't want someone involuntarily kicked off the plane they would have only had to give up a little of their time, which United Airlines would have compensated them for. No one did. No one- even the despicable person holding the camera- cared. Everyone was selfish. To make matters worse, this wasn't one man saying he would die for another. It was simply one man saying I don't mind getting to my destination a few hours later so you can get there on time. How sad.

What was the result? Does this guy have a lawsuit? Well, maybe in America where he won't have to pay for United's lawyers if he loses. But the fact of the matter is something that I knew long before verifying to see: United tickets are sold under terms and conditions (specifically Rule 25) that ALL airlines have- at least all the ones I have flown on (U S Air, Northwest, and Southwest to name a few). These rules are long and boring, but I try to read them each time I purchase a ticket. After all, you are agreeing to them! In addition, you are purchasing a reservation on the plane- you have no claim to the plane itself. If you go to any place of business and refuse to leave, that place has the right to call the police or security and physically remove you. If you physically fight during this process then, yes, you may be injured. Why are we siding with this guy who agreed he could be randomly kicked and then refused to honor that agreement?

No comments:

Post a Comment