Like My Page? Help Keep Me Blogging.

Like My Page? Help Me to Post More News Commentary.

Thursday, December 14, 2017

The Story I Hope Finally Gets a Voice in the Midst of This Latest Sexual Harassment Fad

As a woman, I can count the number of times my rear end has been "brushed" or grabbed. Nor would I want to. Is it acceptable for anyone to violate another person like that- no. However, in our nation it is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. That means, I am not going to report a person to the authorities for grabbing my rear unless I have proof he or she did it intentionally. Court-worthy proof.
Now some lady is complaining that a guy sexually harassed her when he asked her to go to a hotel room with her. Really? I think that claim belittles the thousands (millions?) of women who are not given any choice and raped each year. I would love it if the United States enacted the death penalty for serial rapists. But just a guy asking you to go to his hotel should be a freedom of speech thing. Just ignore it or tell him to bug off or ask your superiors to discipline him. Or here's a better one- flat out tell him he is a creep, and he needs to knock it off because it isn't funny, and you aren't interested. Most guys are actually clueless when it comes to crossing the line verbally.

I have been what I classify as sexually harassed more than once in my life. Once was witnessed- but none of the witnesses did anything. The witnessed incident could have gone to court if I had pursued it, but would any of the witnesses have done anything. It was two other women who had probably been putting up with it much longer than I had (and probably much worse situations). I simply quit that job. Should have I hired a lawyer- I don't know. I was only 18. Would I hire a lawyer now and try to drag his name through the mud? Absolutely not. It is done. It is over. The witnesses have probably long forgotten the incident. What other reason could any woman have to come out for the first time after a statue of limitations is up and accuse a man of something like that? The only reason I can think of is to defame him and that is not real justice because if the incident did not happen the way you remember it there is nothing that will ever clear his name again.
But as more and more allegations of sexual assault appear, two things came to my mind. In many cases, only one or two women are coming forward. Please. If a guy is a womanizer, he does it to multiple women every day and there will be evidence. Why aren't more coming forward? Also, if a guy did this 20 or 30 years ago- has he changed? If he has, once again, should he be socially punished for issues he might have had when he was younger? In my opinion, if one of those issues was simply asking a woman to a hotel, I don't think the answer is yes. Rape- yes, always.

If you are raped, go to a hospital and get examined immediately. If you survive a rape, there is nothing that should prevent you from doing this. Begin the long trial process immediately. Get a rapist off the street. And politically we need to push for a death penalty for serial rapists. Most people who are raped end up committing suicide because of the rape-why shouldn't a rapist get the same penalty as a murderer? I guarantee men would think twice before forcing a woman to do something against her will if we started executing those who did.

My biggest complaint about these allegations and my biggest reason for disgust with everyone praising these women comes down to one person who really does deserve praise: Corey Feldman. Corey Feldman was sexually abused as a child actor by many men in Hollywood, and he has repeatedly tried to draw attention to this fact. But people have ignored him for years. Why isn't he touted as a brave man? Why isn't his story considered the first to bring out the problem with the Film Industry? Corey Feldman told police officers about these men years ago, but the police refused to investigate. Afterward, the men were both arrested for being pedophiles, and now are wanted men. How many children would have the police saved if they listened? My hope is that Corey will finally be able to draw attention to his cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment