Like My Page? Help Keep Me Blogging.

Like My Page? Help Me to Post More News Commentary.

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Robert Kennedy Jr.

 I have never voted straight ticket (that I am aware of) since the time I was 18 and proudly cast my first vote. I also usually wait until a week or two before the November election to select my candidates. I review voting records and other public documents--even down to judges. For most candidates, that will still be my policy this year. However, I am whole heartedly throwing my support behind Robert Kennedy, Jr. (or "Bobby" or RFK Jr. if you prefer). 

At the same time, I admit, his ideals and platforms do not 100% align with what I believe. So why am I voting for him? First, he is an independent. This means that whatever policy he develops during his campaign, he can change it once elected--and I believe he would change it to support what voters want. Yes, he says some crazy things, but have you heard our current president and former president talk?! The unique thing is that any Democrat or Republican candidate has to sign a loyalty contract with their respective party. They cannot support or veto anything the party doesn't approve of. An independent candidate like Mr. Kennedy can change based on voters--not party politics. 

Finally, Kennedy is popular--his name is easy to spell in case he doesn't get on the ballot in some states. We need a change and the Republicans and Democrats have kept their monopoly long enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odYab21LZE8&ab_channel=ERICTROOP


No comments:

Post a Comment